Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shattered Records!

So today was a great day. I had lunch with my hubby and baby, then when we got home had a nice long run, followed by mass and it was all good. I ran the full half-marathon distance on my treadmill today and I beat many records. I spent the whole run (except for the warm up) at 5 miles/hr and above, and ran the 13.1 miles is 2:33:19 which is over 17 minutes less than the first time I completed it, which makes me feel amazing. Even better when my husband ran the distance last weekend he did it in 2:39 so I even beat him! I feel great and am so proud, though this run was in the afternoon and last weekend it was in the morning so that makes a difference. It was however also my fastest run, giving me a 7:16 minute/km, beating my last record, from Wednesday, of 7:21 minutes/km.

Yesterday I had my WI and I'm down another 1.5lbs. That puts me at a loss of 13lbs so far, of the 18 I had to lose. I only have 5lbs left to lose to hit my pre-baby weight. I'm very excited since I am getting very close and all this running is really helping. I also made homemade whole wheat baked panzerotti for my hubby and I. I actually made them Thursday but they were so good we had them again on Friday, and may have them again Sunday. Sunday is pizza day in this house. I spent a lot of time with my baby today too, playing, snuggling, bathing her after she decided right before church was a good time to have her first poopie in the last week. Oh so fun! The joys of motherhood, well at least it's never dull!

My new running shoes are amazing and I plan to buy a second pair in March. Tomorrow will be my day of rest and then Monday my baby gets her 4 month shots, so she may not be in any condition to let me run but we'll see how it goes.


  1. So awesome....5lbs left to go and still you are dropping the weight at a great rate!

    Thank you for the suggestion about got me through yesterday! Thank you, thank you!

  2. Wow that is amazing time!! Great job! And congrats on being almost to goal.

    I never found shots day a bad day, mine tended to actually nap (my oldest) or sleep longer (my youngest). I gave tylenol or motrin before I headed into the office and they were good to go.