Sunday, February 27, 2011

Back to 3 Weekly Runs.

Okay so despite being sick for two weeks I have managed to pull up my socks and get my butt back on my treadmill this week and got my 3 runs in. Woot, go me! That gives me 12km this week of running and I think I may have found my ideal pregnancy treadmill workout. I keep having to decide between actually working up a sweat and having the safe heart rate for the baby, but today I think I found it. I tried running on Random on my treadmill, which is a sort of hill run that occasionally goes flat and I rocked it. I did a short 2 minute warm up and cool down at 3.5 mph and then I jogged at 4.0 mph. This is my walking pace usually but when you are at an incline of between 1.5 and 4.5 I actually have to job to keep up with the belt. So that was great that I could keep my heart rate low (yes I checked it regularly) but still work up a sweat. I think I may try to keep this up for the next while. One other advantage is that as I get larger my belly pulls me forward which isn't so bad on a hill since it actually helps.

So now I feel awesome and hope that I can keep this up for the next while. I also think I have come up with a few interesting (though sometimes ventie) blogs for the next little while. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so great with continuing your runs! I'm about 30 weeks pregnant and have finally picked back up my walking. My hope is that it will make labor a little easier if I have been active and that I will be able to jump back into exercising a little quicker if I have been active this last trimester! You are such an inspiration, thanks for sharing what you are up to during your pregnancy!!!
    http://journeytoafitmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring with your running! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete