I find this quote to be very powerful and it has always stuck with me and helped me through a great deal of things in my lifetime (which my 27 years is quite short compared to my Oma's 76+ years). It's comforting to me when I have to wait for something that I really want, and it reminds me that I shouldn't fulfill all my wishes too quickly or else I'll be sad. Makes you think of the other saying that money doesn't make you happy.
So here are my wishes or countdowns, whatever you want to call them!
- Visiting my mom --> 3 days and counting
- Horror Hill Run --> 82 days and counting
- Katrina's Baptism --> 95 days and counting
- Waterloo Half Marathon --> 265 days and counting
- Have to go back to work --> 273 days (and not counting)