Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Training Tuesday - Week 9 of 22

So this past week has been an interesting week.



So my tempo run went really well. I got out on my day off in the later morning once the girls were at daycare. It was really hot that day, so I had to drink extra water and was careful where I ran. It was a great run because I was awake for it and didn't have the usual sluggish feeling I usually do when I'm up so early to run.

My Thursday morning easy run was a nice run. I did my slower hill route and took it really easy. I keep finding tempo pace on my easy runs so I tried to make sure that I didn't get anywhere near that. Frankly with a week of lacking sleep like, I had I was happy to just get through it. My final easy run did not happen because of how messed up I was after my long run.

My Saturday long run was good for as far as runs go. I actually got a faster pace on this run than I did for my easy pace which is pretty cool. The run felt good, I drank lots, ate lots, but afterwards it wasn't so great. I apparently did not eat enough or drink enough and ended up feeling awful for the rest of the day. So now I need to spend some time figuring out what exactly the problem was for me and why I hit the floor post run and try to improve things for next week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment