Start date: April 18, 2011 --- End date: January 14, 2014
33/101 completed -- 23/101 started -- 45/101 no progress, yet.
1. Read 20 classic books. (read: Mansfield Park, reading: Northanger Abbey )
2. Knit 10 scarves for people I adore. (finished Dec 2012 - made scarves for daycare teachers)
3. Quilt 10 baby quilts. (brown animal, pink girlie, farm animals)
4. Teach Einstein 10 new words.
5. Write a handwritten letter every month. (combining with photos to great grandmas)
6. Paint another picture for our house. (artwork in our master bedroom)
7. Don’t swear for 2 weeks.
8. Send baby photos to the great-grandparents every month. (combining with hand written letters)
9. Try 5 new sewing projects. (April 2011 - knitting needle case with Jenn, September 2011 - gift bags & baby sleeper, March 2012 - yoga mat case, Lilly's dress, Steve's boxers)10. Don’t complain about anything for a week.
11. Reach 1001 blog posts on mommy blog. (at over 600 now)
12. Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. (Done June 2012)13. Finish Lillian’s baby book.
14. Finish Katrina’s baby book.
15. Finish the baby album for me.
16. Organize our photos on the backup.
17. Get a nice family photo taken and frame it in the house. (finished October 30th, framed November 10th)
18. Go to a convention of some kind.
19. Beat my time in the Horror Hill run. (2011 beat the 2010 time by 3:20)20. Run a full Marathon. (completed October 14, 2012)
21. Run a half-marathon in under 2:22:22.22. Hit 5,000km total run on daily mile. (broke 4,000km - 80% there)
23. Run at least 10km in -10 degrees again. (Re-frigee-Eighter race was -14)
24. Run at least 10km in +20 degrees. (October 10th - 25 degrees, 16km hill run)
25. Sign up and complete a bootcamp. (completed end of February).
26. Bike 100 km. (50.5km from June to August 24th)
27. Buy a real running outfit.
28. Destroy 2 pairs of running shoes. (my first two are beyond dead - had to buy 3 new at once)
29. Go rock climbing. (went twice in July, 2012 with Steve)30. Make a professional baby book for Peter and Nancy.
31. Plant a tree in honour of my loved ones.
32. Apply for Canadian citizenship. (mailed paperwork on Monday)33. Be in a play (tech or on stage). (sewed costumes for FASS 2012)
34. Take my mom to a spa treatment or play.
35. Take my family on a real picnic.
36. Buy a cool spring/trench coat.
37. Learn to iron dress clothes.
38. Learn first aid.
39. Donate blood. (Done Friday, July 6)40. Read the Old Testament.
41. Read the New Testament.
42. Write something for Wikipedia and have is stay up for a week.
43. Do something with my wedding dress. (sent it to the Bride Project)44. Teach the babies to swim lessons with swim lessons.
45. Take the babies to the park or library every day for 2 weeks. (done! Very busy May)
46. Take the babies to Niagra Falls.
47. Spend a weekend away with my husband.
48. Volunteer for 20 hours. (joined my daycare's board of directors - 4 hours)
49. Take my family camping.
50. Go to away with Steve somewhere we've dreamed of (like LA or New York).
51. See a real observatory (not Waterloo).
52. Let Steve do something crazy/adventurous (July 2012 - Steve quit his job to start his own company)53. Don’t lose my temper for 10 days.
54. Finish a crossword puzzle with no help
55. Put up a back splash in our kitchen. (will take time since we did grout repair instead)
56. Eat brussel sprouts again. (ate them on Saturday, October 22nd with Cecilia)
57. Volunteer for the cleanup at my church.
58. Go TV free for 10 days (including netflix).
59. Avoid Facebook for 10 days.
60. Have a Star Trek marathon (requires an episode from every series except enterprise and the new movie).
61. Actually grow sunflowers. (completed September 2011)
62. Photograph the kids beside the growing sunflowers. (completed September 2011)
63. Grow 10 different fruits/veggies/herbs in our home garden. (10 harvested - cucumbers, mini watermelon, raspberries, peas, beans, salad mix, basil, chives, green onions & parsley)64. Host another Hanov/Barey family function.
65. Learn to make yummy Pad Thai from scratch.
66. Learn to make yummy scones (not rocks). ( completed July 8th)
67. Learn to make a yummy, authentic Black Forest Cake.
68. Try 10 new foods or dishes (at least 3 must be spicy). (1- spicy dish from Ben Than, 2- made mushroom Risotto, 3-Veggie burrito at Jane Bond)
69. Try 10 new fruits or vegetables. (tried 7: brussel sprouts, chinese cabbage, summer squash, ground cherries, purple beans, fennel, rapini)
70. Don’t eat out for 25 days.
71. Try 5 new flavours of ice cream. (1/Peanut butter)
72. Bake at least 3 kinds of bread from scratch (as in no bread maker). (1/Focaccia, 2/Round Wheat, 3/Oat Maple Syrup Molasses bread -- Finished Nov 8th)
73. Write a small program to impress Steve.
74. Ride a roller coaster and not cry.
75. Pray everyday for a month.
76. Attend weekly Mass for 6 weeks straight. (getting closer - hit 4 before we had to miss one)
77. Complement my husband everyday for a month.
78. Get a new hot mommy hair style. (Done at the end of May - layers work for me)
79. Reduce my clothes by a third. (Done March 2012)
80. Save up $1,000 from my allowances to save for things. (set up a mad money fund and have over $200 in it)
81. Photograph my second baby as much as my first baby. (working on it)
82. Reduce my book collection by 10%. (pulled out 5 for Steve to sell/donate)
83. Go to 5 concerts or shows. (May 7 - Lion King)
84. Do pretty landscaping on our front lawn. (Finished in May - looks great!)
85. Go to the zoo. (planning to go in summer with family)
86. Spend a rainy day resting and relaxing in bed (April 1 - couch counts.87. Edit the video footage on our camera.
88. Have a successful birth for our second baby. (completed June 14, 2011)
89. Finish the alien decorations for Lillian’s room. (quilted 2 pillows, bought supplies for 6, finished 1)
90. Answer company emails for 2 weeks without Steve’s help.
91. Read 50 books. (10/50 - The Time Travelers Wife, 100 mile diet, The Lost Summer, Train like a mother, Mansfield Park, Ian Rankin (x4 - Knots & Crosses, Hide & Seek, Tooth & Nail), French Kids Eat Everything)
92. Get rid of 101 things. (down 35 - thanks to closet cleaning x 2)
93. Make 45 recipes from my Nourish cook book (at least 2 from each chapter - Chapters done: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12). (30 - pg 336, 331, 324, 317, 315, 313, 307, 294, 293, 288, 274, 266, 219, 213, 203, 201, 188, 179, 177, 174, 164, 130, 122, 113, 110, 107, 101, 91, 74, 62)
94. Make 12 microloans to help the world! (made 5 on Kiva)
95.Sew and wear a dress for me. (finished my blue dress and wore it to work in August, 2012)
96. Make Steve his dream Star Trek costume.
97. Raise over $500 for my marathon fundraising. (raised $895 and dropped it off Oct 16th)
100. Apply for a Master’s or further education of some kind.
101. Beat my record.